The Board of the Foundation
The Board of the Olivine Foundation has sufficient experience and knowledge required for the conception of ideas and the technical and managerial supervision of the proposals. There is currently a vacancy for the role of chairman.
Resumes of the listed CV’s do show these backgrounds.
- Utrecht University: earth sciences
- Utrecht University (full professor, 25 years)
- Unesco Water Institute, Delft (part-time professor, 5 years)
- Initiator of a large number of national and international research projects
- Leader of a number of development cooperation projects (India, Africa).
- Dean of the Faculty for two 4 year periods.
- Supervisor of 59 PhD theses (of which two on the use of olivine to solve environmental problems)
Arnold van Ittersum:
- Delft University: applied physics
- Akzo Nobel: consulting and senior management positions in chemicals industry (24 years), worldwide responsibility for IT-infrastructure and projects
- IT business: entrepreneur, bringing a small innovative organization to the market (15 years)
- Proven to be successful on the interface of science and society
- Managing director of communications and public relations, Utrecht University
- Strategic advisor and communication expert of Dutch trade unions
- Initiated and supervised several awareness campaigns for government and non-profit organizations
- Owner and manager of a public relations and communication office.
Frits van Tuyll van Serooskerken (chairman a.i./secretary/treasurer):
- Utrecht University: Mr in Law
- Berenschot and HVA: managed large (>100) and small (<5) professional organisations
- Supervised the execution of projects worldwide, varying from over € 300 mln to below € 1 mln
- Contracted and subcontracted works
- Carried out financial administration, controlling and management functions.
Wouter van den Wall Bake
- Wageningen Agricultural University: International Land and Water Management
- Long term assignments (12 years) in Southern Africa in the fields of Rural Development and Education;
- Consultant: short term assignments (20 years) (World bank, EU, Development Cooperation Netherlands) throughout Africa in the fields of Rural, Reconstruction, Water and Sanitation, Higher Professional Education Development and Local Government Development
- Lecturer (20 years): International Land and Water Management, VHL ( member of the Wageningen UR)